part-time || production & design assistant
HAVEN KIDS is a children’s clothing company based in Port Coquitlam, BC. We are passionate about childhood and create clothing for kids with imagination. We believe that clothes should be comfortable and timeless, and made ethically using sustainable fabrics.
The Production & Design Assistant supports the business with manufacturing processes and areas of design at HAVEN KIDS. This position will start at 15 hours/week out of our headquarters in Port Coquitlam, BC, with the potential of more hours.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Duplicate pattern designs by tracing from original pattern; occasional pattern adjustments;
- Quality Assurance: Review all incoming inventory for flaws and accuracy;
- Occasional garment mending, including but not limited to sewing on buttons and/or tags and snipping loose threads;
- Track pattern and garment measurements; update size charts and load to website;
- Work directly with our manufacturer(s) regarding production details, pick-up and drop off of patterns, supplies, inventory;
- Order and track raw material including production usage;
- Occasional retail operations support: Process incoming inventory / Periodic inventory counts and reconciliations / Order fulfillment: Pick and pack orders;
- Photoshoot support.
Skills + Experience
- Extremely excellent attention to detail;
- Experience with spreadsheets and simple formulas;
- Experience with sewing machines and needle & thread sewing;
- Ability to prioritize work and manage your time efficiently;
- Experience with Shopify ideally, or another web sales platform;
- Access to a vehicle;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work well with others;
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change;
Benefits of working for HAVEN KIDS
- Discounts on products;
- Self-serve salad & smoothie bar in office;
- Opportunity to grow with the company;
How to Apply
Email jobs[at]havenkidsclothing.com with the subject line "Production & Design Assistant". Please include your cover letter, resume and availability from Monday-Friday.